Meet The Team
Dr. Chamma first obtained his School of Dental Surgery D.D.S. degree. He subsequently received his Orthodontic specialty training from the faculty of graduate studies, Orthodontic Department, where he obtained his Master of Science degree from the renowned University of Manitoba, one of the few universities in Canada to offer this full 3 year M.Sc. degree program as opposed to a certificate.
Dr. Chamma returned to Montreal, after spending some time at the University of Toronto and the University of Manitoba, while he was preparing for the national Dental examination Board of Canada. Shortly thereafter, the Quebec Board of Dental Examiners recognized Dr. Chamma as a licensed Orthodontic Specialist.
Dr. Chamma routinely attends continuing education seminars in the field of Orthodontics, throughout Canada and United States.
Dr. Chamma is affiliated with several professional organizations, which include:
- The American Association of Orthodontists.
- The Canadian Association of Orthodontists.
- World Federation of Orthodontists.
- The Northeastern Society of Orthodontics.
- The Quebec Society of Orthodontics.
- The Canadian Dental Association.
- The Quebec Order of Dentists.
Scientific publications and activities:
- 1977: Method of assessing cranio-facial asymmetry. The 23rd International Convention for Dental Research, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- 1978: An evaluation of the shear bond strength, developed between a glass ionomer cement and enamel. Journal of Dental Research 57(2) 232.
- 1981: Indices of cranio-facial asymmetry. The Angle Orthodontist, Vol: 51-no3: 214-226.
- 1985-1986: Orthodontic Department-Assistant professor, Faculty of Dental Surgery, University of Damascus, Post –Graduate studies.
- 1991-1992: Gave several continuing education seminars for local general dentists, regarding orthodontic treatment for children and adults.
- 1993- obtained a United States patent for a new invention “Orthodontic Tooth Brush”.
- 1994-1999- Avecienne Dental club: President and lecturer.
For the last 10 years that I have been working with Dr. Chamma, I have seen many beautiful smiles leave our clinic after their treatment but I will always be the first smile you will see when you come visit our clinic.
I have been working in the dental field for 6 years and i absolutely love it. It is with great joy to see beautiful smiles on a daily basis & it’s certainly amazing how we can turn a frown upside down with our welcoming staff & with the results at the end of our patients orthodontic treatments.